Tuesday 27 September 2016

Morphe 35O Palette | Swatches & First Impressions ⭐


The bandwagon has arrived and I'm jumping straight on it. How could I not for this Morphe Palette that's so perfect in colour for Autumn days and nights? 

A few of my favourite beauty bloggers have been hyping up this gorgeous rust Morphe palette filled with glitters and mattes.

For a while I've been on the hunt for the perfect red shadows, looking at the Modern Renaissance Palette from ABH and Meet Matt(e) Trimony  but in the end I decided to go for the Morphe 35O, because of the reds, burnt oranges (which I'm obsessed with at the mo) and balance of glitters to mattes. 


At around £21, it's such great value for a big eyeshadow palette as each of the 35 shades end up only costing about 60p!


The palette contains a mix of glitters and mattes in around equal measure, and every shade seems to compliment the other in some way. For Autumn I'm most excited about smoky copper eyes, matte sunset eyeshadow and barely there nudes; this palette has it all.

I was skeptical for a minute when the box first arrived as the palette itself is quite light (not heavy at all) which made me think it might be a little cheaper than the quality of Urban Decay or ABH, as promised in other reviews but it hasn't disappointed. 

Every shade is super pigmented, with and without primer. For the glitters I usually dampen the brush with a little setting spray so that more pigment is picked up but you really don't need to do a lot to use these shades.


My favourites at the moment have got to be the middle shades from the above swatches. The beiges, mauve tones and pinks are beautiful transitional colours and I'd say these shades especially compliment green and blue eyes. Hopefully there's no hitting pan soon with the amount of different shades I'm yet to try and the endless combinations this palette gives, but I'm definitely going to be using it every day for a while! 

Here's a look I did using some of the matte orange's and copper shades. Something a little softer to show that this palette doesn't have to be completely bold! Mauve Matters by Avon is mixed with Kylie Cosmetics Dolce K on the lips. 

One thing I wish they'd do is name or number each shade, but it's inspired me to create my own names for them! We've all wanted to name our own shades before, right?


Morphe is cruelty free (thank god, I forgot to check until after I bought it) and I purchased my palette from eBay (just make sure your seller is genuine) as understandably this sells out EVERYWHERE. 

If you're too nervous to buy from eBay, Beauty Bay also stocks the 35O for similar prices, but you'll have to catch it while it's in stock!

What do you think of the Morphe Palettes? Do you own any?


New posts every week Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© THE SCARLET FAKE | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig