Saturday 18 July 2015

Rose petals & Relaxation

As you might have read in my previous post, it's been a busy few weeks! There's nothing like a bit of R&R to make you feel yourself again which in this case this was Roses and Relaxation. While at the Retro Rendezvous festival last week (see what I got up to here) I picked up some goodies from the Little Lakeland Soap Co. including this sweet tube of bath salts and rose petals. 

It only cost me around £2 and I only used half the tube before I was bathing in bliss! I've never been a big user of bath salts, except the sparkly little ones you used to get in gift packages at Christmas, but these have changed my mind and have slowly crept onto par with bath bombs! 

My favourite product will always be a great Lush bomb (like the Dragon's Egg, which I wrote about here) but it's been a small dream of mine to have a deep bath with petals all over the surface and I sort of got that with this, in a smaller quantity. Did I mention they sell large packets too? 

Soothing nostalgia swept over me as I sprinkled the crystals under running water. The smell reminded me of the rose water or 'perfume' as I called it when I made it from borrowed roses and leaves at the ages of 7 and 8. Stepping out of the bath I felt so clean and fresh.

I'd love to see the same mixture with lavender in too. Definitely a great remedy for stress relief at the end of the day or if you just want to pamper yourself. 

Have you tried bath salts before? What do you do to unwind?
Follow me on Bloglovin'! Follow
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© THE SCARLET FAKE | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig