Tuesday 26 July 2016

Top Travel Inspiration List ๐ŸŒ

It's the time of year where my friends are jetting off to beautiful, cultured countries (or getting off their tidday's in Maga) and while I'm not going anywhere this year there's always a list of a million places I want to be. 

This time last year I was craving a city break in New York after watching Breakfast at Tiffany's too many times, but over the last 12 months I've had a more of a hankerin' for South East Asian shorelines and street food.
Here's a list of the places I'd love to be this summer, you should definitely visit if you get the chance!


Halong Bay, Vietnam (above)
I actually don't know a lot about Halong Bay, but definitely believe that not knowing everything about a place is part of the adventure of travel. For one, it looks unreal. Like actually not real. Towering stone stacks and lush emerald waters have me sold. You can take cruises around the bay and while I'm not much of a cruise-goer, I'd take any means of travel if it meant being able to see this wonderful part of the world.

Costa Rica, Central America
Costa Rica is not only rated the happiest place in the world, but it's also home to a freaking huge DOG SANCTUARY. This is the dream guys, if I ever live it I'll die happy. The sanctuary is called 'Land of the Strays' and is home to almost a thousand (by my count) free roaming pups that just want a cuddle. Better yet, they're all up for adoption. I think if I ever went there someone would have to stop me from coming home with an armful of doggies.

There's also the 'Parque Nacional Volcรกn Arenal which is the most gorgeous Volcanic National Park I've ever peeked at (above) which I think became dormant only six years ago. Daaaaay-um. Paradise.


Varanasi, India

Varanasi has been on my list ever since studying Indian art. This home to the Ganges and the 'City of Life' is full of colour, and strong spirituality. If you're lusting after a culture shock then India is definitely the place for you. 

It's often not recommended to travel here first if you've never travelled before unless you have a strong mind, but after hearing about seeing the twinkling lights and flowers that are sent out onto the waters every night in their daily (yup, every. single. night) candlelight ceremony Aarti sounds incredible. I wouldn't bathe in the water though, eek.


Ubud, Bali
Do you ever go on Google Street View just to peek at places you want to be? Just me? Okay. This is one of the places I wish it showed more of. Orange temples fill Ubud and I've been told of the welcoming and friendly atmosphere the locals give out. 

Another beautiful yet slightly more peaceful place than Varanasi "One of the best ways to explore Ubud is to simply get lost." The lovely Jade I chatted to (see what we talked about here) has been here with her friend Hannah Sykes and it looked incredible!


This doesn't even begin to cover the list of places I have planned in my head. Have you been to any of these places? 

Where would you like to visit? Are you planning or have you been travelling? I'd love to hear your stories!
Follow me on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
*Images by Getty Images and Lonely Planet. Will remove if requested













Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© THE SCARLET FAKE | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig