Tuesday 19 July 2016

🌴 Tropical Love, Shell Bomber | #OOTD


Hello lovely readers! While writing this post I realised that my last real #OOTD was last August, and my, how things have changed since then. For starters, I no longer look like flame princess and I've definitely gained a little but as I made clear in this post, I don't care. So that's good. Also, it's likely that there won't be as many posts this week as I'm packing up boxes ready to start a new chapter in September, but I'll talk more about that in a new post. You might be able to expect a new vlog so keep your eyes peeled just incase!

Now that's out of the way, I wanted to show you guys this amazing bomber jacket from New Look that I got a couple of weeks ago. 

It's made of Polyester but feels so much like silk or satin that you would never guess. It's been speculated that we're going to have a major heatwave this week (apparently it's going to be 29 degrees today, and I'm moving house, UGHH) so this jacket has been perfect for keeping me cool when I want to cover up. Isn't the embroidery beautiful?
Out of all the shoes that would've looked completely boss with this I went with simple trainers, mainly because on this day Alex and I went on a park walk and PokΓ©mon hunt and it was just so much comfier to wear these than boots. 

I'm not usually a sneaker kind of gal but I've also been loving my Iron Maiden converse lately which I'll have to post a picture of soon. They were gifted to me when I was 17(?) and have held up at festivals and days out ever since. Side note; the photo below was taken when I got the giggles (again.). How do fashion bloggers take themselves seriously?


Like I said in this post, I can't wait to dye my hair and get rid of the turquoise, it just isn't 'me' anymore. Also it looks like I have really bad roots in these pictures but they were taken as the sunset reflected off of my hair. 

Tropical print is lush and perfect for the upcoming heatwave, I believe the dress was from Boohoo but they don't seem to have it in stock anymore! Having a couple of one-piece outfits in my wardrobe is so essential for the days when I really can't be bothered but still want to look like I've made an effort. Fyi, this dress looks bomb for parties with JC Scullys and Kylie Jenner's 22


Shop the Jacket | Shoes 
What are your summer staples? Do you ever choose comfort over style?
Follow me on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube

P.S: I wanted to thank anyone who's been reading my blog lately as my stats have more than doubled since last month. Stats aren't everything, but it means that there are way more of you out there than I thought and it's nice to know you're enjoying what I post. Comments have increased too and it means the world to me when you take the time to write even something small, so thank you so much! I've been trying to reply to all of them.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© THE SCARLET FAKE | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig