Tuesday 25 April 2017

Matte Me Up Barry M Liquid Lip Paints | Review


I remember being a fan of Barry M when my thirteen year old self wanted to do make-overs at sleepovers and finally had the pocket money to try the make-up that all the older, cooler teenagers were wearing. Barry M has come a long way since then in establishing themselves as the go-to cruelty free make-up brand for crazy colourful products, but have toned it down for their Matte Me Up collection with some gorgeous matte nudes.

Below, I managed to get my hands on On The Scene (top swatch, beige) and Minimalist (bottom swatch, pink) for £4.99 each at Next, surprisingly! Next are stockists of Barry M as well as most UK high street drugstores. For £4.99 these are SUCH a worthwhile purchase! The formula is very opaque, the swatches below were one coat and you can see how well it covers my tattoos


Despite being opaque, it isn't a creamy formula, compared to brands like Ciaté who have got their matte formula down. It's quite runny which makes for great coverage but don't tip the bottle when it's open as it will spill everywhere (and not come off!). 


barry m liquid lip paints minimalist, on the scene

As you might know, I went into anaphylactic shock last week and funnily enough was wearing Barry M's liquid lip paint at the time which stayed on completely throughout a day in hospital and my face swelling up, haha! I didn't even use setting spray or a liner, so if there's any test of time, that's probably it!

The colours are really gorgeous and a great dupe for Kylie Cosmetics' Candy K and Dolce which I reviewed here. I'll definitely be trying to get my hands on the rest of the colours and hope they bring out more! They are a total must have for your nude lippie collection as they're super versatile, going so well in any day or night time look.

barry m liquid lip paints minimalist, on the scene

Have you tried the Barry M Matte Me Up range? What's your favourite shade to wear at the moment? I feel like I want to be more adventurous with colours this season!


New posts every week on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© THE SCARLET FAKE | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig