Thursday 26 November 2015

Week Journal #3 | A Night in Gotham Hotel #MCRChristmas

It's been slow and steady on the blog front for a few weeks now, even though I've been busy it feels good to have some awesome things to share with you all! On the 21st November my boyfriend Josh, his family and I went to Hotel Gotham in Manchester for the night to late-celebrate his 21st birthday. His birthday was back in the heat of August though I still remember being told what his present was (a night at the hotel and celebrations around Manchester) like it was yesterday. In fact, one of my favourite posts is about that awesome day!

We set off first class in the morning and arrived around noon, by then we'd already had a glass of wine on the train and I'd never been first class before so this was super exciting for me, haha! We were greeted at the door by bellboys taking our bags, a swift check in and gorgeous complimentary cocktails at reception. The staff were so, so lovely and super helpful.

After checking in, we headed out to the Christmas markets. Josh treated me to a beautiful raw cut crystal pendant- neither of us can remember the name of it but I think it means Moon in Greek!
Me with a llama, amazing
 We enjoyed a couple cups of mulled wine before lunch and cocktails at Revolution de Cuba. Tapas, woooooo! The tapas were incredible! If you ever get a chance to go to Revolution de Cuba, don't pass it up. The cocktails are bomb and everything had so much flavour. 
I went out searching for the Scallop dress on my November/December wishlist with no luck, but got to try on some £825 Louboutin (no, I could never afford these) and trot about in them for a while before I had to say bye. One day, one day *shakes fist*.
I had no idea that there was a bar in Selfridges until that day, when we were treated to a glass of wine in the extravagant Bottega, surrounded by shoppers and diners who were dressed to the nines. I was still in ripped jeans and my cosy parka so felt a little out of place but it was beautiful there none the less! After all the hustle and bustle of the city had taken it's toll we headed back to Hotel Gotham for some rest, to get ready then see the night life. This was our room.
le excite
Add caption
Rooftop view from Club Brass
The decanter lights in the photo above are from the bar, Club Brass which was so ambiently lit that I couldn't take any good photos in it. We ordered some cocktails (we were all about the partying this weekend) which took a little while to get to us but they were brilliant, Josh's auntie had a joker playing card in her Bramble, a super awesome touch considering the name of the hotel is Gotham. Ayy Batman!

Included in the cost of the room was a two course meal, anything more was added to the bill. The meal was brilliant! We all had different things, I can't vouch for the whole of the menu (obviously) but everyone seemed to enjoy their meals and the waitresses/waiters were again so lovely. After this we hopped out to a few local bars as a group.
Bottega and a photo in our room

Hotel roof
Bedhead!
On the 22nd we checked out at 11. I have never slept so well! The bed was the softest thing ever and came with the fluffiest, suede on one side rug. It could've easily nestled down in it forever! The hotel kindly kept our luggage for the rest of the day while we were out with a few places left to visit. The day before, we'd spotted The Botanist. Josh's parents had been there before but we hadn't and the with glittery lights, nobody could keep us away! 
If I had one thing to complain about, it'd be the train journey home. Hands down the saddest train journey ever. It was so nice having a taste of how the other half lives and knowing I'll probably never get the chance to go back is upsetting, haha. If you want to book Gotham for yourself head here.

It's not all doom and gloom though as Josh and I are heading to Edinburgh with a friend as you read this, to see Bring Me The Horizon. Drop me a line if you're there!

Have you been anywhere amazing lately? What do you think of Gotham?
You can follow me on Bloglovin' Twitter 




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© THE SCARLET FAKE | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig